This mixed berry jam is naturally sweetened and thickened using Omega- & fibre-rich chia seeds. It's the perfect accompaniment to our Buttery Biscuits - and don't forget a generous slather of salted butter!
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup
- Add your berries to a small saucepan over medium heat. Let them cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until they begin to soften and break down.
- Continue cooking the berries for another 5 minutes are start to mash them up with a fork.
- Once you have a saucy, slightly chunky mixture, add your lemon juice, chia seeds and honey/maple, stirring everything together.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until mixture becomes thick and jam-like. Remove from the heat, pour into a small jar, let cool and use immediately or refrigerate for up to 7 days.