This is the breakfast sandwich to trump all breakfast sandwiches - it includes fluffy scrambled eggs, creamy avo, sautéed greens, and of COURSE plenty of hot sauce. It tastes super indulgent but is totally grain-free, fibre-rich and full of protein & healthy fats. Common uses include hungover Saturdays (no judgement here) and lazy Sunday brunches with friends.
- 4 Stellar Eats Buttery Biscuits
- 1 tbsp. organic butter or ghee
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups greens of choice (spinach, kale, shredded brussels sprouts, etc.)
- 2 ripe avocados
- Hot sauce
- Fresh herbs for topping, if desired
- Bake Stellar Eats Biscuits according to the package directions and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together your eggs, garlic powder, salt and some fresh pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat your butter or ghee. Add the eggs and let them sit in the pan for a minute or so until they begin to set. Carefully push the edges towards the centre of the pan continuously, to create fluffy folds in the eggs. Repeat this process until your eggs are nearly set but still look slightly runny. Remove from the heat and let them continue to firm up in the pan.
- In the same pan, add your greens and sauté for a few minutes with salt & pepper until soft and wilted. Set aside.
- Split each biscuit and mash avocado onto one half. Top with a big scoop of the sautéed greens, then divide the scrambled egg mixture among each of the 4 biscuits.
- Top with hot sauce & fresh herbs if desired, place to top on each biscuit and enjoy!