This caramel sauce can only be described in one word: CRACK. It's rich & silky, with the perfect hint of sea salt - and it's made entirely using unrefined sugars. Drizzled generously overtop of our Stellar Eats Chocolate Cupcakes, it's an absolute dream. Enjoy!
- 1 package Stellar Eats Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Bake the Stellar Eats Cupcakes according to the package directions, and let cool for at least 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- To make the caramel, combine all remaining ingredients (dates through sea salt) in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend for a few minutes until you have a thick, smooth sauce. Add a touch of water or almond milk if it's too thick or is getting stuck in the blender.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, drizzle each generously with a spoonful of date caramel, then top with extra sea salt and mini chocolate chips if desired.